Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hectic Days - Kimchi Noodle Soup

It has been so crazy at work lately that I have barely had time to eat away from my desk.  By the time I drag my shell of a body home, I am in no mood to spend much time cooking.  Good thing I have always had a generously stocked kitchen to come up with crazy combinations of lazy meals.  Here is one of them.
Fish Nuggets
Kimchi
Chili Garlic Sauce
Kimchi Noodle Soup



Kimchi Noodle Soup
1 serving of egg noodles (can substitute w/ any type of noodles)
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup napa cabbage kimchi
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
*Optional: egg, fish nuggets w/ roe, any vegetable, leftover meat, Spam, tofu, cooked dumplings, etc.

Cook noodles according to package instructions.  Drain and set aside.  Bring water, salt, kimchi and chili garlic sauce to a boil.  If adding any of the optional add-ons that need to be cooked, add to the soup and boil until cooked.  If adding dumplings, cook the dumplings separately or with the noodles to prevent the soup from becoming starchy.  Ladle everything into a large bowl and enjoy.

I love cooking the fish nuggets in my soup.  It imparts a sweetness that makes me slurp up every last drop.  This particular brand does not have the roe filling center like this one.  This variation is shaped like a nugget and has the roe mixed in.  There is a nice little "pop" every time I bite down on the nugget.
P.S. The yolk from my poached eggs created a nice addition to the broth, making it rich and glorious.

2 comments:

  1. A little bit weird for my taste because of the kimchi but I'll these one cause I love noodle soup! Mind if I share it my blog in the future? http://foodsuncovered.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - I can't wait to try out the Chicken Supreme w/ Anchovy and Rosemary from your blog! It looks delicious. Please do share this noodle soup recipe on your blog. I can live on noodle soups for days and not get tired of them. They are the ultimate comfort food for me. I do love weird tasting combinations, but you never know if you would like it until you actually taste it for yourself, right? That's how I felt about chocolate covered bacon anyway. Or candied bacon in ice cream.

      Delete